Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Martha Stewart's got nothing on me

Readers, how I wish you could have seen me in the kitchen today. It was hilarious. I was a dynamo. Some days you win, some days you lose. Today I hit the jackpot!!

I'll set the scene. It's 7:45 in the morning and I just came back from spin class. I'm getting ready for work and realize that, "crap", I didn't make anything for my lunch today. I'm really working hard at eating regular healthy meals (not skipping meals like I normally would). I look at the clock...okay, so I've got like one hour to pull together an awesome meal and do everything else I have to do. Well I don't know what got into me but I felt like I was competing in the multi-tasking Olympics.

I'm racing around the kitchen like a mad woman. I'm choppin chicken, then I'm throwing clothes in the laundry. Then I'm dashing to the bathroom to do my hair. Back to stir the chicken and add the onions. Put the dogs out, do my make up. Cut veggies for the salad and the butternut squash for the stew. Running up and down the stairs folding laundry, putting away laundry...I think at one point I was even Windexing the mirrors (don't ask me why). Oh, and don't forget...I'm doing a million dishes :)

Still more chopping, stirring, get dressed, 'bing' dryer's done. Whoo, it was awesome. Somehow I managed to make a delicious Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Stew with salad. I rocked it!!

I realized I only had mere minutes to go so I threw on my oatmeal. I don't even think I chewed. I think I just swallowed (kinda like how my dog seems to inhale her food rather than chewing).

To all you girls out there...there is hope. If I can do this, so can you. I used to always be so worried about eating 'regular' meals again. Am I going to gain weight?? Aren't carbs going to make me fat?? Bleh.

I have always felt like I didn't fit in. Like I was always eating differently then everyone else. Other people seemed to have such a relaxed attitude about food while I was always so anxious about it. Now, for the first time in a long, long time, I can sit with my friends at lunch and enjoy a meal with them. I still get jibes for including every vegetable under the sun in my salad but that's okay, I can take it.

Have faith, have hope. If you need someone to listen I am always here. I have done every silly thing in the book...test me ;)

Tomorrow, COOKIES!! YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment